Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 13, 2011

Jamaican Me Crazy

Truth be told, I feel bad for the last post. Now that you have songs that are bad but annoyingly catchy stuck in your head, I've decided to provide some medication. Enjoy my current top 5 reggae jams from a white boy who wishes he could pull off some dreadlocks.

A little bit of roots reggae, little bit of what I like to call progressive reggae, and a whole lot of awesome.  These songs will help you enjoy your summer.



So sit back and just
Chill out mon' cause there's 'no problem' with the following tracks:

5) The Expendables, Sacrifice


4) Put this on a burned CD for your girl and it's a done deal.
Katchafire, Hey Girl



3. Passafire, Kilo


I had to do a live version for Passafire seeing as they are hands down the best concert I've been to (twice now).

2. These guys are no slouch in concert either:
Soja, I Don't Wanna Wait



1. And my current favorite......
Tribal Seeds, All I Know


Tribal Seeds are touring now and I'm seeing them in July. To say that I am excited is an enormous understatement.

Oh and how could a list of reggae songs be complete without a classic. From a TV show produced by a fellow Langley. From the opening credits...

Honorable Mention from Cops:
Inner Circle's Bad Boy's:



That song in particular really speaks to me and my way of life.
Rastaman Drew signing off hoping your day has been brightened.

1 comment: