Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Best Songs About Alcohol

When a musical artist runs into a writer's block, (ouch! ....... I apologize for that joke) they often turn to everyday occurences or whatever is moving them at that moment as a source of inspiration. This is why there are so many songs about specific girl's names, break up stories, and getting drunk.

All of those are directly related. You fall in love with a girl, her name is the title of your song. You break up with a girl, and you're so overwhelmed with emotion you come up with a brilliant song title like American Hi Fi's, "The Breakup Song."

And finally, like any self respecting man, you drink away all of your problems and use the drink as a song title. Now, this drink is your new girlfriend. At least for now.

Here are the best:

1) Reel Big Fish, "Beer"


Then again, most artists don't really write about their feelings so I've decided to compile the top 4 songs about alcoholic beverages. And instead of being emotionally deep, they're quite the opposite.

4) Ying Yang Twins, "Grey Goose"


Maybe one day someone will understand my reference at a party when I say, "Aint no Koolaid in my cup." But I doubt it.

3) Shwayze, "Corona And Lime"


That moustache can really sing.

2) Snoop Dogg, "Gin And Juice"


I'm always cranking this song whenever I'm driving with the windows down. As long as I'm in my white-suburban neighborhood.

1) G. Love & Special Sauce, "Cold Beverage"


G. Love earns the #1 spot because he shows that in order to write a great song about alcohol, one must also include non-alcoholic beverages for the kiddies. Thanks G. Love!!

1 comment:

  1. I wanna invite to visit page: www.sztukawina.pl and www.scottishhouse.pl much kind of alcohol and good price ;)

    ReplyDelete